The Neighbourhood Planning Champions are people across England who have a wealth of knowledge and experience in making their communities better through neighbourhood planning and neighbourhood development orders.
Get in touch with a champion
All of our Neighbourhood Planning Champions are volunteers and are passionate about neighbourhood planning and keen to support others by sharing their experiences.
Champions will be able to:
- Share their neighbourhood planning journey experiences
- Provide helpful hints and tips based on lessons learnt from their own experience to help make your neighbourhood planning journey smoother
- Sign-post you to helpful resources
Zoom into your local area using your mouse scroll wheel or the + icon on the left of the map. Click on a pin of a nearby Champion to contact them.
Please wait: the map may take five seconds or more to load.
When will I get a response?
As many of our Champions are busy people they may not be available to respond to your enquiry immediately, however someone will be in touch.
Many of our Champions also work full time, and will not be able to provide ongoing support or mentoring to groups or undertake activities like reviewing funding applications and tenders or advise on technical planning matters.
Would you like to be a Neighbourhood Champion?
Applications are now open to become a Neighbourhood Planning Champion on the new 2018-22 Neighbourhood Planning programme.
What do champions do?
Neighbourhood Champions will:
- share their neighbourhood planning experiences
- provide helpful hints and tips based on lessons learnt from their own experience to help make the neighbourhood planning journey smoother for others
- sign-post groups to helpful resources.
We also ask champions if they wish to sign up to our Champions map. This allows people to get in touch with their local champions to ask questions.
We also encourage our champions to join the Neighbourhood Planning Forum to share their experiences and post any questions they might have.
Who can be a champion?
We are looking for people who:
- have gone through their neighbourhood planning journeys
- have a made neighbourhood plan or neighbourhood development order,
- or are in the latter stages of plan or order development and have lots of experience and top tips to share with others.
We will providing champions with a series of free webinars starting in the autumn. These will be designed to provide you with practical advice on different aspects of neighbourhood planning.
How to apply
Just complete our short survey below and tell us why you want to become a Champion!
The neighbourhood planning team will then assess your application and get in touch with you to let you know the outcome.